Friday, June 10, 2011

Chocolate Frosting

A while ago I shared this chocolate cake with a buttercream frosting, my mum complained because she likes her chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. So I decided I would try it with chocolate frosting and its really good. Its a tossup what frosting I would choose to make it with the next time. Both frostings are so good.


Chocolate Frosting
Recipe Source: Hersheys.com

1 cup Butter, softened to room temp
1 2/3 cups Cocoa
6 cups Powdered Sugar
2/3 cup Milk
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract

Combine butter and cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating until a spreading consistency. Add more milk if needed. Add vanilla. Makes about 4 cups.

I shared this at
Sweets for a Saturday
Sweet Indulgences Sunday 
Themed Bakers Sunday
 

4 comments:

  1. It looks great Meghan, how does it do at room temp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, the outside of the frosting just hardens a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I like a little hardening on my frosting - makes it even better. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family LOVES this sort of frosting...it looks fabulous with your cake~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...