Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cherry Shortbread Squares

These shortbread squares are cakey, soft, and moist and the cherries in the middle add extra sweetness. I really had to make myself stop eating them they are so light and refreshing.


Cherry Shortbread Squares
Recipe Source: ShaunaSever.com

1 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temp
1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Pure Lemon Extract 
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Salt
4 Eggs
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 - 21oz can Cherry Pie Filling

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12x17 cookie sheet with cooking spray, line it with parchment paper, and spray the parchment too.

2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy, approx. 2 minutes. Add in the lemon extract, vanilla and salt. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Scrape the bowl. On the lowest speed, stir in the flour. Avoid overbeating by stoping the mixer when there are few streaks of flour left, and finish stirring by hand.

3. Scrape the batter onto the sheet pan and smooth it into an even layer. Score the batter into 24 squares with a toothpick. Place 3 cherries in the center of every square.

4. Bake about 30 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 24 squares and dust with powdered sugar. Store leftovers in an airtight container.

I shared this at
Tutorial Tuesday! 
Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff

5 comments:

  1. These look completely amazing! I'm allergic to chocolate so I'm always looking for fun dessert recipes to try. I will definitely be making these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally my kind of coffee snack, these look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I love anything with cherries! I'd love if you'd share at my link party, Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful! Shortbread cookies are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...