Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Baked Chicken Chimichangas

A while ago I went to a Mexican restaurant and had a chicken chimichanga. Every time I pass that restaurant I think about it. The tortilla was crispy. The chicken inside was flavorful and moist. Now I can't go in every time I crave one cause I would be there everyday, so I had to make them myself.
 
This recipe is all of the things that my chimichanga from the restaurant was but better because of the rich, creamy sauce over the top. I put lettuce on top because its good with an extra crunch and some cheese cause you can't ever have too much cheese. I may never go back to the restaurant for those chimichangas again!


Baked Chicken Chimichangas
Recipe Source: The-Girl-Who-Ate-Everything.com

Chimichangas
2 cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
1 cup Salsa
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
8- 10inch Uncooked Tortillas
2 Tablespoons Butter, melted

Sauce
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Flour
1- 15.5oz can Chicken Broth
1- 4oz can Green Chilies
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Salt
 
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl combine the salsa, oregano, cumin and mix until combined. Add in the chicken and cheese and stir. Line an 11x15 pan tin foil and brush with melted butter.
 
2. Cook your tortillas. Place a 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of your tortilla. Fold opposite sides of your tortilla in and then roll up and place with the seam down on your prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until crispy.
 
Sauce
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Add in the chicken broth and the green chilies. Whisk until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and salt. Return to heat and stir until warmed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...