Monday, May 19, 2014

Strawberry Lemon Cookie Bars

When I hear sugar cookie bars I think of something dry and crumbly. Maybe that's because I've never had one before... So when I saw this recipe I decided to give it a try. It was soft, moist, almost brownie like. It tastes just like a soft lemon sugar cookie with strawberries. Delicious. Perfect for any occasion!


Strawberry Lemon Cookie Bars
Recipe Source: TastyKitchen.com

3 1/4 cups & 2 Tablespoons Flour
3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 cups Butter
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon Lemon Extract
2 Eggs
1 cup Diced Strawberries

Glaze
1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 pan with tin foil and grease.
 
2. In a large bowl add in flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk. In the bowl of a mixer combine the sugar and butter and beat together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon extract and mix until combined. Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the strawberries.
 
3. Press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake for about 45 minutes. Let cool.
 
Glaze
Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over the bars.

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of this bar cookie, Meghan! I'm always ready for a great sugar cookie recipe, plus the photos look so cute on your colorful blog. I forget how I found my way here, but I'm looking forward to staying connected! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...