Friday, July 31, 2015

Perfect Teriyaki Chicken

So as you know, I'm always deciding what we're having for dinner 2 hours before. I usually have an idea of what I want to make and I go straight to pinterest. Lucky for me I found the most amazing teriyaki sauce recipe. Its sweet, salty, and has the perfect amount of ginger and garlic to make it perfect! I sprinkled some pineapple with brown sugar and grilled it to caramelize, it was the perfect side!


Perfect Teriyaki Recipe
Recipe Adapted From: Bakerette

2 Chicken Breasts, pounded until even
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
2 cups Water
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
2 cloves Garlic
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Honey
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/2 cup Cold Water

1. In a large skillet pour oil and heat over medium-low. Salt and pepper your chicken and place in the hot oil. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.

2. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat combine the soy sauce, 2 cups water, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, honey and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer.

3. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water until dissolved. Add the mixture to the sauce and stir until it has thickened. Pour it over the chicken and simmer for a few minutes. Serve over rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...